dawn patrol, armed with discount codes, hot coffee, and a dwindling attention span

Within the last 24 hours:
my lavender houndstooth herringbone blazer arrived 
it was a deranged magic hour grab 
during a recent 60% off sale.

It was not lavender.  It was a faded mauve. 
The difference between the website photo (below) and the reality 
was too great to be blamed on screens or pixels.
It was also not houndstooth  herringbone
Here are some pictures of houndstooth herringbone jackets, all J.Crew.

observe the little woven-in chevrons. 
they are what make herringbone, herringbone.  
There were no little “teeth” on the jacket that arrived.
My best guess is that someone mis-set the computer-governed specs in the fabric mills,
and the mill shipped out the resulting bolts to the cut-and-sew operations anyway. 

Nobody's perfect.

so: not lavender, not houndstooth, not herringbone either.
But fortunately, not final sale. 

Among other items, I ordered a 2019 diary very early this morning. 
Used the “flash sale” promo plus the “apology” discount. 
I’d probably get a better price if I waited until this coming November 
but what the #*&$.
I might have to go out to dinner or catch a plane between now and then.

I admired but didn’t order a pair of multi-colored make-believe snakeskin sandals. 
I never know what size J.Crew thinks my feet are, and I still have Christmas stuff to return
so I didn't bite.
Later today, I passed one of the remaining J.Crew stores, 
and there were the sandals, with 25% off. They were sooo cute. 
A favorite look: multi-colored shoes with an otherwise monochrome outfit.


Before I tried them on, I had to remove packing stuff. 
The shoes fit a lot better without all that. 
There are holes on the straps to make adjustments. 
They get lost in the snakeskin - persevere. 

Worst event of the day - 
LinkedIn has found the perfect job for me. 
At Goop.
I’m trying to close my account at LinkedIn - before they send me puppies.
Seems to be the same algorithm that tells me men's hiking boots are in my shopping bag.
Yeah, right.



4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of lavender houndstooth too. I guess an idea it will remain.
    Oh boy now we know for sure that LinkedIn is the devil!! hahaha
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dani, great to see you!

      Is it possible that Linkedin is the unacknowledged love child of Autocorrect and the Imprisoned Nigerian Prince?
      💞

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy your posts, WFF, but alas, while that blazer is definitely not houndstooth, neither are any of the other four blazers you posted above. Those are all herringbone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houndstooth vs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herringbone_(cloth)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yikes, thanks! you’re absolutely right! this is what happens when poor sleepy idiots don’t pay attention to what they’re typing in the wee small hours. correction in progress. (hangs head in shame)

      Delete

As Alice Roosevelt Longworth said, if you've got anything bad to say, sit next to me! No, really, please remember to be kind, and don't say anything fred's mother would not approve of (Diner's mom didn't approve of anything. Including fred.)
Wellfedfred and the Whining Diner reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice if we find:
1. Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam
2. Comments including profanity or objectionable language
3. Comments containing concepts that could be deemed offensive
4. Comments that attack a person individually
and since there's been a flood of spam lately, we're trying the Robot thing to see if we can block some spam...